Thursday, November 5, 2009

Mata Vaishno Devi Yatra 09

As every year Maa called us this year also, since so many years every yatra has been memorable but this one had interesting experiences. One day before we boarded on the train on Thursday, 22nd Oct evening there were few cancellations from the people who were expected to travel with us this may sound strange but over the years I have seen this is a normal trend that happens when we plan 2 months in advance. varun on the other hand planned to join us at the eleventh hour. even the start was shaky as most of our tickets got confirmed the same day we were not sure about our coatch. but some how we found our seats and the train in an overnight journey took us to Jammu, I was surprised to see a lot of people in karta as this being not a weekend travel I was expecting much less traffic. we quickly got ready in keshav ashram, and started yatra, I was keenly looking forward towards baan ganga but it was a disappointing scene to find very less water in the stream, which draws us to a conclusion that one should not prefer planning yatra on Oct , as far as I remember I have seen ample of water when I used to come around Nov, Feb, March. I had a new camera and enjoyed taking a lot of pics all the way up and down the hill, a silly mistake from me was enough for 4 of us to miss the train (on our way back to delhi) in the end, and it will be a memorable evening how we struggled all night to find some place to sleep for few hours.

No comments: